Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I'ON - Mt. Pleasant Luxury living- High End Homes

By: Dave & Darcy Creaturo

ION, according to Coastal Living Magazine is "the most pedestrian friendly intimate place that people thought couldn't be built today". I'ON is located in the heart of Mount Pleasant South Carolina. It is a well thought out community with lakes, green space, parks, offices, shoppes and restaurants. However, the homes look like they could be in historic Downtown Charleston. Even though I'ON is a planned community, each home is unique in it's own way. Unlike most master planned communities, I'ON has 21 approved builders. Each Builder is a member of the I'ON Guild that oversees that each Luxury Home Builder constructs homes with character, detail and quality. Homes in I'ON range from the high 500,000 to over 2 million. Although each home in I'ON is unique, some similar features I'ON homes have is expansive porches and detached garages. View all I'ON homes on Charleston SC MLS.

The I'On community has won several awards including in 2001 Best Smart Growth Community in the nation from The National Association of Home Builders. I'ON has also been featured on Bob Vila's "Home Again".


The I'ON club is the amenity Center for the community. The I'ON Club is located on the banks of Hobcaw Creek. The Club is a place to have fun and learn something new. There are fitness instructors, tennis pros, and swimming lessons. There are planned events, social mixers, tournaments and kids camps. All this AND only a bike ride from your I'ON home.

I'ON square is the business district of the community. Often there are farmers markets, community yard sales, and family friendly events in the Square. There are several business's currently open in the Square. Grace Salon and Day Spa is a AVEDA full service salon. The Irish Pub and Grill O'Brions is a great place for a sandwich or a happy hour drink. On your way home from work you can stop by the Square Onion. The Square Onion is a Gourmet food store that also has pre-made meals. There are several other gift, clothing and interior design shops in the square.

No comments:

SEARCH CHARLESTON SC MLS